Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to unlock iphone6

hi,

Could anyone suggest how to unlock iphone6 (locked to NTT Docomo, Japan). I bought this iphone from Docomo shop and paid the full amount at a time.

I have cancelled my subscription in March, 2016. But I am not able to use any other carrier in my phone !

iPhone 6

Posted on Apr 18, 2016 1:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2016 1:22 AM

If your iPhone is locked by a carrier, you need to contact this carrier to unlock it. Note that this is only possible when the contract has been already terminated and there're no charges left to be paid.

6 replies

May 1, 2016 1:29 AM in response to thunderzzz

hi,

For your information, there is no charge left to be paid.When I insert another SIM I get the following message.

The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported. The SIM card that you currently have installed is from a carrier that is not supported by the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that the iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information.

Any suggestion?

May 2, 2016 1:27 AM in response to Raicya

Hi,

I talked to the NTT Docomo call center executives several times to confirm whether iPhone6 can be unlocked or not. But no luck, every time they said that iPhone6 cannot be unlocked. I don't understand the reason. How can they lock an iPhone that completely belongs to me since I bought it by paying full amount of money?. Can I get any help from Apple? Come on there must be some way to get it unlocked!

May 3, 2016 6:33 AM in response to Kash_KS

Kash_KS wrote:

Hi,

I talked to the NTT Docomo call center executives several times to confirm whether iPhone6 can be unlocked or not. But no luck, every time they said that iPhone6 cannot be unlocked. I don't understand the reason. How can they lock an iPhone that completely belongs to me since I bought it by paying full amount of money?. Can I get any help from Apple? Come on there must be some way to get it unlocked!

Apple has nothing to do with carrier locking policies. That's entirely under the control of carrier and any local laws or regulations by which they must abide.

How to unlock iphone6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.