Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A trackpad on my new macbook pro(2015) does not respond rarely. But after restart the mac, it responds for all clicks. I am using EI Capitan 10.11.4. Is it known software issue or hardware issue of my macbook 15?

A trackpad on my new macbook pro(2015) does not respond rarely. But after restart the mac, it responds for all clicks.

I have bought the mac 2 weeks ago. This issue appears randomly (after sleep, after enabling wi-fi etc ...)

I am using EI Capitan 10.11.4.

The macbook has configuration:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Macintosh HD -256 gb

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Is it known software issue or hardware issue of my macbook 15?

How can I fix or find a core of the problem?

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), I have bought the mac 2 weeks ago.

Posted on Apr 18, 2016 2:22 AM

2 replies

Apr 18, 2016 6:22 AM in response to stereschenko

The warranty entitles you to complimentary phone support for the first 90 days of ownership.

If you bought the product in the U.S. directly from Apple (not from a reseller), you have 14 days from the date of delivery in which to exchange or return it for a refund. In other countries, the return policy may be different. If you bought from a reseller, its return policy applies.

May 4, 2016 1:21 PM in response to stereschenko

Identical intermittent problem and equipment here too. I'm on my second brand new Macbook Pro Retina. Apple has not acknowledged the problem despite many reports on different threads of the Apple forum but advises to 1) note the exact time and seconds of the next freeze, 2) contact an Apple Senior Advisor to "run a capture" which will be forwarded to Apple engineers.

Make sure the clock is already set to display seconds: Date and Time Preferences➔Clock➔Digital➔Display the time in seconds➔Show AM/PM

A trackpad on my new macbook pro(2015) does not respond rarely. But after restart the mac, it responds for all clicks. I am using EI Capitan 10.11.4. Is it known software issue or hardware issue of my macbook 15?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.