You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP Deskjet 3050A Wireless Setup

Hi all,

I have just bought 2 identical MacBooks both on El Capitan with most recent updates. One will setup on wireless network for a HP Deskjet 3050A with no problem, the other keeps displaying a message saying "Unable to verify printer on network". I have manually downloaded the drivers but on the Mac that won't setup it won't automatically find the correct software whereas on the other it does. Even when you manually select the correct software it still does not work. Could anyone help please? It's very frustrating!User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Apr 18, 2016 3:10 AM

3 replies

Apr 19, 2016 12:24 PM in response to dirkdiggler2501

Hello dirkdiggler2501,

Thanks for your question. I can certainly understand your frustration with two identical computers trying to add the same wireless printer. I checked our compatible printers document to see if the HP Deskjet 3050A J611 is listed.

Printer and scanner software available for download for your Mac

HP Deskjet 3050A J611 series * 2.3.2 P S

(* = Vendor software recently updated. P = Print, S = Scan)

Since it is listed, you shouldn't need to install the HP software. So, on the Mac that is not working, I would suggest following the steps in the support article below:

Get help resolving printer issues on your Mac

Hope that helps ...

Apr 19, 2016 2:26 PM in response to dirkdiggler2501

This error message is often a result of the Protocol selected when creating the printer, in that it doesn't support it. If you had IPP selected in your screenshot, try changing this to HP Jetdirect-Socket to see if that lets you create the printer. And if that also fails then try Line Printer Daemon.

I also question why you are adding the printer this way. Normally the consumer inkjets support Bonjour and thus appear in the Default view of the Add printer browser. Is this not working, hence you needing to add the printer using this method?

HP Deskjet 3050A Wireless Setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.