Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding 3 tools

Hi. Forgive me if I don't have all the correcting but there are two tools available when one works in the DAW. For instance one can have the marquee tool available plus the fade tool but when I worked in Logic 9 I could make 3 available at the same time...can't figure out how make a third choice available at the same time. Is there a way?

thanks a million

NT

Logic Pro X

Posted on Apr 18, 2016 6:27 AM

8 replies

Apr 23, 2016 7:12 AM in response to BenB

Hi

BenB wrote:

Same as in 9, you hold the Command button for that third tool.

The normal left click tool is available as one would expect

The second tool is available with Command

If you choose the preferences as I described, you can access the third tool with a right mouse click.

It works exactly the same way in LP9 and LPX

CCT

May 2, 2016 7:55 PM in response to northern lady

CCT is correct - right click and hold to get the third tool.

Right Mouse Button pop-up menu:Determines whether the right mouse button opens the Tool menu, displays an additional Right-click Tool menu, or opens a shortcut menu.

• Is Assignable to a Tool: Displays a third Tool menu (Right-click Tool menu) to the right of the Left-click and Command-click Tool menus. Choose the appropriate menu item to assign to the tool, which is available when the right mouse button is pressed while editing.
  • Opens Tool Menu: Opens the Tool menu with the Pointer tool (and not the currently selected tool) located under the pointer. Simply choose the tool you want by clicking it. When the Tool menu is open, you can also use the key shown next to a tool to select it.
  • Opens Shortcut Menu: Displays a menu that offers a number of area-specific selection and editing commands.
  • Opens Tool and Shortcut Menu: Opens both the Tool and shortcut menus.

User uploaded file

Adding 3 tools

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.