Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Botnet - on my Mac mini ?!

In the very last time my Mac mini 'works' a little bit much - is my impression: my 'Mac mini' makes the little sound

"tz,tz,tz,tz,tz,tz,tz,tz,tz,tz,tz,tz,tz,tz,tz,tz,tz,tz,tz,tz,tz,tz,tz,tz,tz,tz,t z,tz,tz,tz,tz,tz, ...." most of the time!

Happens my 'Mac mini' - unwittingly by me - to be part of a Botnet?

I'd want APPLE Company toi check this and to fix this: to end that!

⚠ jona li

Message was edited by: jona li

Mac mini (Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Macintosh HD

Posted on Apr 18, 2016 5:59 AM

4 replies

Apr 18, 2016 8:36 AM in response to jona li

first rule of making a computer a part of your bot net: do not! I can't single this bit out enough, do not make the user realise they are a part of the bot net, if you make it play odd audio or display things on the screen or activate the mouse and move it around, then you have failed the first cause of making computers part of your bot net initial trial out.

(same goes for hacking, virus and malware if you want results mum the word and the less the victim notice the more success you will experience)

Apr 18, 2016 2:25 PM in response to Rudegar

I am unsure, whether or not you did understand my problem rightly. - What I ask APPLE for, is rather the opposite issue:

I feared that my Mac mini got caught / conquered / entered by hackers and now could be part of a botnet unnoticed by me, because my Mac mini 'hummed softly to himself' ... - But right after I had posted this problem today here, the humming has stopped immediately.

Anyway, Rudegar, your information is enlightening a topic ...

jona li

Botnet - on my Mac mini ?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.