Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thunderbolt display intermittent condensation

Hello,

Yesterday I had some condensation inside of my thunderbolt display, it is a mark of white colour and looks a bit like steam or water.

It is not the first time it happens.

Does it mean that there is something wrong with the device, like not sealed properly or something, does it happen with all displays?

I still have warranty so I wonder if it is worth going to Apple store with my display. The problem is that it usually lasts for few hours and then it disappears. How am I supposed to walk to Apple store if my display looks ok?

Please help

Thunderbolt Display-OTHER

Posted on Apr 18, 2016 8:29 AM

3 replies

Apr 19, 2016 3:16 PM in response to Almightyfly

Not sure it is condensation. The glass screen is only held on by magnets so it comes off and the LCD screen can be cleaned. Moisture is usually not an issue. I've had mine for 3 years and no issue. You may have an issue with the LCD so Apple will have to repair. I has a similar issue on a previous iMac which Apple repaired under warranty.

Thunderbolt display intermittent condensation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.