Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't boot os x, disconnected magic keyboard

Any help? stupidly when i was installing windows 10 my keyboard and mouse wasn't connecting, i read to disconnect them from os x, stupidly i did that, although i later go the mouse n keyboard working for windows 10, but now i can't boot os x?

because the keyboard wont connect to os x when it boots for me to hold the option key? is there anyway around this? i don't have a usb keybaord so is there anyway i can get it to connect while on windows? i doubt it

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Apr 18, 2016 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2016 5:23 PM

If your BC drivers are installed, can you use Control Panel -> System -> Bootcamp to switch to OS X. If you shutdown the Mac, it will search for a Keyboard/Mouse if there is not one paired. You can also use a USB Keyboard/Mouse, if available.

1 reply

can't boot os x, disconnected magic keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.