Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast only updating second latest episode on iTunes, not latest...?

Hi,

My podcast has only been updating and showing the second latest episode on iTunes, rather than the newly released episode (eg: I released episode 13 and it was shown on iTunes, then when releasing episode 14, nothing updated. After I released episode 15, episode 14 updated but not 15, then the issue continues.)

I have done nothing and made no changes to any settings or options over the past few weeks. I contacted Apple Support about this and have not gotten a response for the past 2 weeks unfortunately, so I thought the forums would be a better option. I have no plugins running, etc. Everything was working fine and the issue seemed to occur at random.

I've noticed a couple other topics with similar issues, but definitely not the same as mine and with no solutions available.

Links:

Podcast

RSS Feed

Thanks and really appreciate the help.

Posted on Apr 18, 2016 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2016 9:26 AM

Issue has been fixed magically. I edited the blog post that my RSS Feed uses from 9pm to 9:15pm and it seemed to refresh and show up in iTunes. I'm not sure if this was an issue with the time '9pm' or whether I just needed to change anything and that would help it show up on iTunes. Weird as this issue only occurred on iTunes and not on any other podcast services using my RSS Feed.

Hope that helps others!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2016 9:26 AM in response to jonnyess8

Issue has been fixed magically. I edited the blog post that my RSS Feed uses from 9pm to 9:15pm and it seemed to refresh and show up in iTunes. I'm not sure if this was an issue with the time '9pm' or whether I just needed to change anything and that would help it show up on iTunes. Weird as this issue only occurred on iTunes and not on any other podcast services using my RSS Feed.

Hope that helps others!

Podcast only updating second latest episode on iTunes, not latest...?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.