Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not send any messages nor receive a message from certain people on my mac or Ipod.

I need some help, I can not send nor receive any messages. It just won't deliver, this is really irritating me. Because it's always one person it does it to.

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 18, 2016 4:13 PM

5 replies

Apr 19, 2016 12:40 PM in response to Jwakem22

Hi,

The title suggests you have having issues with some people and not everyone

I need some help, I can not send nor receive any messages

This suggests it is anyone and everyone you try and contact.

It just won't deliver, this is really irritating me. Because it's always one person it does it to.

Taking this to be one sentence it now seems it is only one person.

As an iPod and Mac would both be using the same Apple ID and no iPhone number it would seem that it is one person that they might in fact be Off Line in some way.

If they are using an iPhone they may have no Wifi and also poor carrier coverage.

They may have turned their iPhone Off.

You will get the same message, "Not Registered with iMessages" which ever the reason.

Some clearer details will help as will what you see when it does not connect.

User uploaded file

8:40 pm Tuesday; April 19, 2016

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (El Capitan)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 iPhone and an iPad (2)

May 5, 2016 8:52 AM in response to Clyde Kahrl

Clyde Kahrl wrote:

I think the issue here is that I just simply do not receive the text messages from certain people in Message. I get the message on my iPhone, but do not not get it on messages. I am running the most current systems on both my laptop and my iPhone. I receive messages from several people on my iPhone and I don't get those on Message.

What kind of phones do the people you're NOT getting messages from have?

May 5, 2016 1:18 PM in response to Clyde Kahrl

hi,

As Meg asks, it seems from your use of "text messages" that Text Forwarding has not been set up between iPhone and Mac or has dropped out for some reason.

User uploaded file

9:18 pm Thursday; May 5, 2016

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (El Capitan)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 iPhone and an iPad (2)

I can not send any messages nor receive a message from certain people on my mac or Ipod.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.