Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rosetta Stone problems on user login with parental control

I bought Rosetta Stone Homeschool Edition (ver 3.4.5) for use on my laptop. The idea was for the four of us in the house to learn a new language. It loaded and runs just fine on my admin account. However, I have set up a login with parental controls for my two boys (6 & 8). Every time I try to access Rosetta Stone from their login, I get a 2123 error code: "There was an error in the application." Then, when I try and open it on the admin account, I get the same error and I am unable to open Rosetta Stone at all.

I have been assisted (via live chat) by Rosetta Stone support. They explained how to reload the program without losing the progress database, and then for some reason I have to reboot the computer three times to "fix the problem." I have had no problems reloading the software and getting running again on my admin account. However, if I try with a login that has parental controls, I always get the 2123 error and it becomes unusable on any login.

The Rosetta Stone weabsitesays that the Homeschool edition is "for use by 5 students on 2 computers." Even if the presumption is that separate logins on the same computer is seen as separate computers by the program, I should still be able to access the program with either login. That leads me to believe it's a problem with the parental controls.

Even the parental controls don't seem to work right. Despite setting up Rosetta Stone as an approved application, sometimes it comes up as an application that's not approved on the boys' login. Regardless, it never opens Rosetta Stone on a managed user.

Does anyone have any experience with this or with Parental Control problems general not allowing certain applications (despite being approved) not function properly?

Thanks,

Matt

MacBook Pro

OS X El Capitan

Ver 10.11.4

2.53 GHz Intel Core Duo

4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Apr 18, 2016 3:51 PM

1 reply

Rosetta Stone problems on user login with parental control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.