Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime Code Activation Requirement

I'm Deaf and I'm Frustrated with Apple.

I'm trying to use Facetime on my MacBook, but it keeps saying "You cannot sign in to FaceTime on this Mac at this time. To use FaceTime with this Mac, contact Apple Support and provide the code below. [code redacted] [username redacted]" I then click on the "Contact Support" button. Lo and behold, it gives me an 800 number to call to get my Facetime registered with my MacBook. APPLE, YOU BLOOMING IDIOTS. I'M DEAF.

***I'VE BEEN CALLING THE "HEARING IMPAIRED" 1-877-204-3930 NUMBER (WHICH I ASSUME IS A TTY NUMBER) --- BUT NO RESPONSE!!!!!***

APPLE'S CHAT SUPPORT WON'T HELP ME, EITHER. APPLE'S APPLE SUPPORT TWITTER WON'T HELP, EITHER.

I've got Facetime turned on on my iPhone 5c, both MacBook and iPhone 5c are on the same wireless network, all prerequisites set.

How do I make Facetime WORK on my MACBOOK without having to call the 800 number? Is there even a TEXTING NUMBER to contact Apple with??? Apple dropped the ball with their Deaf clientele. (Facetime works fine on the iPhone 5c, by the way).

Any other Deafies out there that faced this issue? If so, were you able to resolve it thru the Deaf channels with Apple (if they have any?)

Thanks.

IF THE AppleID WEBSITE IS SECURE AND HAS A SPOT FOR YOU TO ENTER CREDIT CARD INFORMATION... THEN WHY IN THE BLUE BLAZES CAN'T THE DEAF ENTER THE CODE PROVIDED TO US AND ASK US THE WHATEVER QUESTIONS YOU WANT ANSWERED TO VERIFY OUR IDENTITY AND THEN LET US HAVE OUR FACETIME FOR OUR MACS!

Thanks in advance to anyone (at Apple or otherwise) that can help me resolve this.

MacBook, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), and iPhone 5c

FACETIME ACTIVATION PROBLEMS-OTHER

Posted on Apr 18, 2016 7:37 PM

5 replies

Apr 18, 2016 8:10 PM in response to ckuan

Thanks, but it's not the connection issue. Apparently, Apple is forcing some *Macs* to submit an Activation Code via Phone Support and provide "additional information" in order to unlock Facetime to be used on that particular Mac. What "additional information" that Apple wants, I have no idea.

My issue is that Apple's Deaf phone number is not working. Apple won't set up a Secure area to enter the FaceTime Code and for us to answer whatever "additional information" they need to verify our Identity, before allowing us to use FaceTime on a Mac.

See screenshot of Facetime (with code and username covered up by a dialog box). It's the code activation that Apple wants me to do. Which is fine, but the method of contacting them is counterproductive for the Deaf - in other words, I have no way of securely contacting them to give them the code and the "additional information" that they need to unlock my Mac's FaceTime with my valid AppleID.

Thank you for your reply, though, ckuan.

User uploaded file

Apr 18, 2016 8:26 PM in response to DeafMacUser

First of all, we are just users like you and we are not Apple employees.

This is a user to user technical forum.

If you need to contact Apple see the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page below.

Normally, you do not need a code to activate FaceTime, what you need is your Apple ID & password, read the link I've provided.

It might takes some time to activate (a day or even two).

Is your iPhone's FaceTime working?

If yes, use the same Apple ID as your iPhone.

FaceTime Code Activation Requirement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.