Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes consumes 100% CPU usage

Hi, I'm using the latest iTunes 12.3.3 on Windows 7 64-bit with Intel Core i5 and RAM 8GB. Every time I run iTunes, everything becomes so slow. I checked my PC's performance in Task Manager and the CPU usage is at 100%. The stranger part is that even if I close iTunes, it's still consuming my CPU to 100%. I've tried to re-install it many times. I have even downloaded it three times but nothing helps.

Posted on Apr 19, 2016 1:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2016 6:50 PM

Hi salonpas,
Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with iTunes on your PC. Let's see if we can get that sorted out.
Now I know you have already uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled, but have you done it in the order listed in the article below. If it is not done in that order, typically issues will still remain when using iTunes. The order that it needs to be done in is as follows.

1. iTunes
  2. Apple Software Update
  3. Apple Mobile Device Support
  4. Bonjour
  5. Apple Application Support 32-bit
  6. Apple Application Support 64-bit

Once you have done this, try the installation again.
Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204275

Let me know if this helps.
Have a good day!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2016 6:50 PM in response to salonpas

Hi salonpas,
Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with iTunes on your PC. Let's see if we can get that sorted out.
Now I know you have already uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled, but have you done it in the order listed in the article below. If it is not done in that order, typically issues will still remain when using iTunes. The order that it needs to be done in is as follows.

1. iTunes
  2. Apple Software Update
  3. Apple Mobile Device Support
  4. Bonjour
  5. Apple Application Support 32-bit
  6. Apple Application Support 64-bit

Once you have done this, try the installation again.
Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204275

Let me know if this helps.
Have a good day!

iTunes consumes 100% CPU usage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.