Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

phone keeps asking for other phone passcode

I bought a new iPhone 6S Plus and once I had updated IOS I was able to back up from my older iPhone 5 via the iCloud. I now get a 'follow-up' in settings. Which says -

'Finish changing your passcode.'

I click on this and my phone asks for my Apple ID passcode. I enter this and then the phone asks me for my passcode. I enter this and then my phone gives me this message -

'Enter Passcode for Other iPhone'

'Access to your account is protected by the passcode for "Mark's iPhone5". Your passcode is encrypted and cannot be read by Apple.'

I enter my passcode for my iPhone5 and get a message saying "Incorrect Passcode. Enter the passcode for your other phone". (The passcode I have entered is definitely correct and id the same passcode I use for my iPad.) I enter my passcode again and get the same message. If I enter it a 3rd time I get a warning and have to start from the beginning again.

There is an option to enter a passcode from a different device, so I choose my iPad and enter the code. When I go back to settings the follow up flag is still there and I am right back to the very start. I have done a reboot, but the follow up flag is still there.

Posted on Apr 19, 2016 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2016 4:02 PM

This didn't work, the phone was definitely asking me for the passcode of my iPhone5. I sorted it out by deleting the iPhone5 as an iCloud device. Thanks for your help.

5 replies

Oct 23, 2017 3:45 PM in response to almark.net

You are correct. I have the same problem and it's definitely not the verification code. It is definitely asking for the unlock code to my old iphone (5), new iphone (7), and ipad. It states very clearly what it's asking for. I suspect my Icloud/Itunes account has been hacked as I get other suspicious pop-ups and have noticed settings changing on my IPad/IPhone. Today it changed the settings on Photo's (and other things too), and uploaded photo's to the cloud.

Is it possible to get a new itunes account?

Thanks!

Apr 19, 2016 1:11 PM in response to almark.net

It sounds like two-step verification is on your Apple ID. It's not asking for your screen lock passcode. When you set up two-step verification, you register one or more trusted devices. A trusted device is a device you control that can receive 4-digit verification codes using either SMS or Find My iPhone. If you're not getting that code, you can try to turn two-step verification off.

• Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
  • In the Security section, Click Edit.
  • Click Turn Off Two-Step Verification.
  • Create new security questions and verify your date of birth. You'll get an email confirming that two-step verification for your Apple ID is off.

Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support

phone keeps asking for other phone passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.