Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quickbooks Non-Profit - must use Windows

Hello,

I have a Macbook Pro and am also on a board for a non-profit organization. Intuit doesn't make a non-profit Quickbooks for a MAC IOS and the online version doesn't allow me to do all the functions that I need. So, I need to run the windows version on my MAC. Quickbooks is sending me a link to install the Windows software and mentioned there is something I can run on my MAC to be able to use a Windows based program. Is this something that is easy to do? Do I use the Boot Camp assistant and it'll walk me through the process easily? I've searched discussion groups but nothing is quite descriptive enough for me and most of the discussions are a few years old. Also, will this eat up a bunch of storage on my computer?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), 105 GB of storage free

Posted on Apr 19, 2016 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2016 9:46 AM

You will need a copy of Windows OS before you begin, see bullet #2

How to install Windows using Boot Camp - Apple Support

• An Intel-based Mac
  • A Microsoft Windows installation media or disk image (ISO) containing a 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows 8 or later*
  • An Apple keyboard, mouse or trackpad, or a USB keyboard and mouse
  • At least 55 GB of free disk space on your startup drive
  • For some Mac models, you also need a blank 16 GB or larger USB flash drive
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2016 9:46 AM in response to Jen Land

You will need a copy of Windows OS before you begin, see bullet #2

How to install Windows using Boot Camp - Apple Support

• An Intel-based Mac
  • A Microsoft Windows installation media or disk image (ISO) containing a 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows 8 or later*
  • An Apple keyboard, mouse or trackpad, or a USB keyboard and mouse
  • At least 55 GB of free disk space on your startup drive
  • For some Mac models, you also need a blank 16 GB or larger USB flash drive

Apr 20, 2016 7:37 AM in response to Jen Land

You can install Windows using either Boot Camp Assistant or using a virtual machine like Parallels, Fusion, or VirtualBox. Installing Windows using a virtual machine is the easiest and most straight forward approach. Using Boot Camp Assistant allows you to natively install Windows while using a virtual machine allows you to run Windows along side El Capitan.

See the Parallels, Fusion, or VirtualBox site sfor instructions regarding using those apps.

Quickbooks Non-Profit - must use Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.