Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Apple Music take up phone storage space

I Have an iPhone 5. Storage is full. apple Music take up 7.4Gb. Can the Apple Music subscription be used to free up space on phone?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Apr 19, 2016 1:12 PM

2 replies

Apr 20, 2017 6:48 AM in response to microc13

This works! I read it in schooledbyscience.com and went from 300mb to 2.2gb.

Head to iTunes and attempt to rent a movie that has a file size larger than you have available on your phone. The user suggested The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, but you can also use Star Wars: The Force Awakens, at 6.4 GB, which is conveniently right in the main menu under movies (at the time of writing).

Your device will then recognize when you don’t have enough memory and ask if you’d like to go to Settings. Click on Settings and you will suddenly have some of your storage freed up.

Repeat the move multiple times and more space will open up.

Apr 19, 2016 1:22 PM in response to microc13

Not really. Unless you want to limit your self to strictly streaming, you would still need to download tracks at some point. I suppose it would make managing tracks a bit easier. But even now you could easily go to Settings app > General > Storage and iCloud usage > Manage Storage (under STORAGE) > Music and selectively delete albums and tracks.

Does Apple Music take up phone storage space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.