Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing Podcast Defaults

I have iTunes 12.3.3.17, and all of a sudden, today, something changed, and I can't find how to change it BACK.

In My Podcasts, at the bottom right of the screen, is a button "Settings..." that lets you set...well, settings...for individual podcasts. Under "Download Episodes," it shows the following three choices:

Default Setting (Off)

On

Off

I want the default to be ON, not OFF, and it has been forever: when I subscribed to new podcasts, they were always automatically set to "On." Until today when I started marking some of the older podcasts "Off"...only to find that suddenly ALL of them had been set to Off.

Help said there was a button on the lower left of the iTunes window that let you set that. And I REMEMBER that being there in the past...but it's not, now. I have no idea which version of iTunes Help thinks it's helping me with, but it's not 12.3.3.17. 🙂

I'm having to manually go through all my podcasts and set them to "On" one at a time (there are almost 200). There HAS to be a better way.

(In spite of what the "Product" thing says, I have El Capitan 10.11.5 Beta.)

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Apr 19, 2016 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2016 2:48 PM

To save your podcast settings as defaults, exit the Podcast view, then get back to it (this should result in no pad casts or episodes being selected). Now when you click on Settings, you will be defining the default values.

Now the bad news... Changing Default Settings affects newly added podcasts. It does not change podcasts that you've already subscribed to.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2016 2:48 PM in response to Kaa

To save your podcast settings as defaults, exit the Podcast view, then get back to it (this should result in no pad casts or episodes being selected). Now when you click on Settings, you will be defining the default values.

Now the bad news... Changing Default Settings affects newly added podcasts. It does not change podcasts that you've already subscribed to.

Changing Podcast Defaults

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.