Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP. problem uploading photos

I am running OS X El Capitain version 10.11.3 and I am trying to download my recent vacation photos from my Canon Rebel T1i. I haven't used my camera with the computer in over 6 months but have never had a problem uploading before. Now I can not do it. I attach the camera to the computer via the USB cord I have always used and NOTHING. The computer doesn't recognize the camera and the camera does nothing. What's going on here. HELP PLEASE. I can no loner find my iPhotos and all I have is Photos and I don't even know if they are the same thing.

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Apr 19, 2016 4:12 PM

1 reply

Apr 19, 2016 4:29 PM in response to karenfromEL

Launch Photos and connect the camera - does it show in the side bar ? If it does then check the box to the right of the camera to open Photo when this device is connected.

If not does it show in the finder?

Will Image Capture see it?

Once you get the photos off using one of these methods and after at least one successful backup cycle has completed use the camera's format to erase and reformat the card

And you should update to OS X 10.11.4 and Photos 1.5 so you have the current software with all bug fixes and new features

LN

HELP. problem uploading photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.