Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fcp 7 rendering and exporting very slowly in el capitan

Since installing El Capitan, my final cut pro 7 is running very slowly. Any suggestions on how to speed things up? I can't find where to trash preferences and cache.

Posted on Apr 19, 2016 7:16 PM

2 replies

Apr 19, 2016 7:41 PM in response to Photo Mark

FCP 7 isn't supported on El Capitan. It's last fully supported OS was 10.6.8...as it was discontinued 5 years ago. Every new OS update goes further away from full functionality. I have it running on 10.9.5, but Motion and Compressor and Qmaster no longer work. I won't install it on any OS after that as I know many things won't work with it. I also have a MacPro tower running 10.6.8 in order to have full capabilities.

If you need FCP 7 to earn a living...if you need it to work properly, best not to go beyond the OS that it was designed to work under. Every OS version after it doesn't take it working into consideration.

fcp 7 rendering and exporting very slowly in el capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.