Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 after restoring to iOS 9.3.1 giving headache and sharp eye pain....

hello guys.. I got one problem to share with you today... After I restored my iPhone to latest iOS firmware using iTunes Windows pc.. Im getting severe headache and sharp eye pain As soon as I look my iPhone in like 5 seconds... Plz help me guys.. My vision is no doubt clear.. I told my friends to see.. They too felt the same way... Help me guys I want to use my iPhone without any health issues..tq for reading

iphone 6... 64gb... iOS 9.3.1

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2, 64 gb

Posted on Apr 19, 2016 8:49 PM

26 replies

Apr 19, 2016 8:53 PM in response to sirjan78

Let me see if I understand this correctly. You have an iPhone 6. How long have you had this device? Have you ever experienced any problems in the past with this device?

Now, you update the device to iOS 9.3.1, and you immediately began experiencing pain when looking at the device. And, you asked your friends to look at the device, and they too experienced this pain? I suggest you turn the device off, and make an appointment with the Genius Bar to have this device examined.

Apr 20, 2016 8:51 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Hey chris guess what..now im not getting any sorts of eye pain or headache...i used today for a while now...and nthng is wrong going on...everything runs fine and i dont get any sorts of headache or eye pain as soon as i restored new ios....i think my iphone get used to it..or adapt to display...or maybe it was fresh installed ios so it took time to adapt display so i got eye pain and headache...now im not getting anything..what may be the reason chris..reply me plz I

Apr 21, 2016 5:32 AM in response to sirjan78

sirjan78 wrote:

Nope man i got headache when using freshly installed ios..now after using for 1 day...now im getting nothing..probably my iphone adjusted display..or something like that..whatvu guys think?

I think that the headache has nothing to do with the phone. However, as it is gone, I'd stop worrying about it unless it comes back. Then, make an appointment with your doctor rather than asking the opinion of random strangers, most of whom have little to no medical knowledge.

Apr 23, 2016 7:07 AM in response to sirjan78

sirjan78 wrote:

Hmm ok just curious why it happened after fresh installed ios...

Because you happened to have a headache on the same day you updated your phone. I just made waffles for breakfast. I have a headache. Do you think making waffles gave me a headache? (hint: I have a history of migraines and had two glasses of wine last night).

Apr 24, 2016 12:03 PM in response to sirjan78

It is a coincidence. There is nothing about the installation of an iOS update that would cause the problems you are describing. The fact that it went away as suddenly as it started should also be a clue. What Meg was trying to explain to you is that you cannot deduce a problem based on a particular causation that does not cause the issue more than once. It was a coincidence that it happened at the time it did. There isn't anything about looking at the screen of an iPhone that could causes physical discomfort or pain one minute and be gone later on. The update of the iOS did not enable your phone to cause you physical pain and discomfort, and then change as suddenly as it caused it. While I'm not doubting your statement about pain and discomfort, I am saying that it was not caused by the phone. And as another explanation, Meg is the furthest thing from a man you will see (but u not getting me man...)

Apr 24, 2016 2:36 PM in response to sirjan78

sirjan78 wrote:

Hmm but u not getting me man...when i use other phones laptop or tv i dont get anysort of problem bt after i installed fresh ios in iphone i got like in 5 seconds just by looking at it headache and sharp eye pain..but now nothing is wrong with me...after i used for a while now..everything is fyn and perfect...

Yes, I'm "getting" you. Correlation does not prove causality. Just because two things happen around the same time, doesn't mean they are related.

And, I am not a man.

iPhone 6 after restoring to iOS 9.3.1 giving headache and sharp eye pain....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.