Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes saying Bonjour Service not Running but it is

iTunes is saying that the Bonjour service has been disabled so it will not recognize any of my i6 phones or my iPad when connected, but the Bonjour service is running. I've checked every thread posted, uninstalled and re-installed countless times following the procedures I've found, deleting remnant folders/files and have even lost the device backups trying to remove any and all Bonjour and Apple folders and files. I've checked my firewall and antivirus settings, making sure there was no blocking and I've even added Bonjour to the exceptions on both. Most drastic measure I've taken has been disabling my home router firewall, PC firewall and disabling my antivirus on the last attempt to re-install the iTunes software, to no avail. I'm running Win7 SP1 (64-bit) with latest updates and AVG Internet Security software. I have no problem connecting to the iTunes store or downloading app updates. Whenever I connect a device, the mobile driver is successfully loading and my PC is recognizing connection. Verified after every installation that both Bonjour and the Apple Mobile Device services are in fact running, but iTunes continues to say it has been disabled and my devices will not connect.

Does anyone have a clue? Thanks in advance

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 20, 2016 1:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2016 8:57 PM

Hi plennon54,

I understand that, despite your efforts to this point, iTunes is stating that it can't connect to your devices on account of Bonjour and the Apple Mobile Devices services (supposedly) not running. In some instances it can require a good bit more configuration with regards to isolating security software (such as anti-virus software) from the picture. The information outlined below provides further insight.

If you still have trouble after you test your connectivity, your security software could be interfering with your computer's connection with iTunes.

In some cases, it might be necessary to temporarily remove your security software to isolate an issue. Some Internet security apps don’t uninstall completely, so you might need to download and run a cleanup utility for your security software for it to be completely removed.

Work with your security software provider to allow the complete list of ports and services that Apple products use or if you need help with uninstalling their software.

Make sure that there isn’t more than one type of security software installed at a time. If you have more than one type of security software installed, you might experience other performance issues.

Resolve issues between iTunes and third-party security software
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201413

All my best.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2016 8:57 PM in response to plennon54

Hi plennon54,

I understand that, despite your efforts to this point, iTunes is stating that it can't connect to your devices on account of Bonjour and the Apple Mobile Devices services (supposedly) not running. In some instances it can require a good bit more configuration with regards to isolating security software (such as anti-virus software) from the picture. The information outlined below provides further insight.

If you still have trouble after you test your connectivity, your security software could be interfering with your computer's connection with iTunes.

In some cases, it might be necessary to temporarily remove your security software to isolate an issue. Some Internet security apps don’t uninstall completely, so you might need to download and run a cleanup utility for your security software for it to be completely removed.

Work with your security software provider to allow the complete list of ports and services that Apple products use or if you need help with uninstalling their software.

Make sure that there isn’t more than one type of security software installed at a time. If you have more than one type of security software installed, you might experience other performance issues.

Resolve issues between iTunes and third-party security software
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201413

All my best.

iTunes saying Bonjour Service not Running but it is

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.