Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

quicktime uninstall on several clients with several versions

Hi,

our customer has released the security warning for Apple Quicktime for windows ( Cert- 2 )

We have to uninstall all Quicktime players on all clients ( approx.. 55.000 ).

Unfortunately there are many different versions installed on the clients.

For a complete deinstallation routine we need the correlation between the Apple Quicktime
Version and the GUID which
is registered in the registry.

e.g.

Version

GUID
{FF59BD75-466A-4D5A-AD23-AAD87C5FD44C}

MsieExec.exe /X {GUID} /qn

Where can I get a list of this GUIDs correlated with this identified installed versions ?

1. 1.0.0
  2. 7.62.14.0
  3. 7.67.75.0
  4. 7.69.80.9
  5. 7.71.80.42
  6. 7.72.80.56
  7. 7.73.80.64
  8. 7.74.80.86
  9. 7.75.80.95
  10. 7.76.80.95
  11. 7.77.80.95
  12. 7.78.80.95

We need it for this installed quicktime versions urgently

Thanks

Juergen

Windows 7

Posted on Apr 20, 2016 2:02 AM

3 replies

Apr 27, 2016 8:47 AM in response to Nallek

I actually created a script with some error checking that employs multiple removal methods, including upgrading to the latest version from a network share to make sure the GUID is accurate. Here is that script:

From a network share, make sure read permissions are set for "Everyone" on the folder that holds the batch file, and read/write for a subfolder in the same location called "UninstallLogs" You can change this in the variables at the top of the script.

This script also assumes you are running Lansweeper to inventory your network. If you are, put LSPUSH.exe in the location of your choice and map to it in the top variables. This will allow the script to execute a scan after running the script to update your reporting.

You can copy and paste the script below and save it in a .BAT file to run it. Alternatively, you can download the entire package containing the .msi installer files I used to update quicktime to this GUID version from my DropBox here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tmljvonolmxjdzz/AAAGOlCbfkbTga9u3jRVpBKfa?dl=0

***I'm a professional IT guy, not a hacker. This script is NOT malicious in nature. The intent of this script is to uninstall QuickTime, and it works 9 times out of 10. Sometimes, Quicktime won't uninstall using wmic, and it also won't update from the msi files and therefore QuickTime remains installed. In those cases, find the GUID of the installed version, make a copy of this script and modify it for that GUID. I accept no responsibility if this script hoses your machine or anything like that. Use this simple batch script at your own risk, read through it and make sure it does what you need it to before you press enter.***

QuickTime Uninstall Script

REM ******************************************************************************* ************************************************

REM Apple Quicktime Uninstaller. Created by Ed Middlebrooks. Modify variables below.

REM

REM PreRequisites:

REM This document assumes you have a central file server with a software deployment folder, or other folder

REM which can be used to place this script, the installation files, as well as collect logs.

REM I downloaded the latest Quicktime 7 and extracted the .MSI files needed by running QuickTimeInstaller.exe /extract

REM and placed the extracted .MSI files in the "InstallersPath" location. These files have been included for your convenience.

REM The software deployment folder should have at least read permissions for Everyone.

REM

REM ******************************************************************************* ************************************************

REM Set LogLocation to a central directory to collect uninstall log files.

set LogLocation=\\FILESERVERNAME.yourdomain.com\SoftwareDeployment\Quicktime\Uninst allLogs

REM Download the latest Quicktime. Extract the .MSI files needed by running QuickTimeInstaller.exe /extract and place the extracted .MSI files in this location:

set InstallersPath=\\FILESERVERNAME.yourdomain.com\SoftwareDeployment\Quicktime

REM Set the Path to the Lansweeper LSPush.exe file to update the client after uninstall.

set LSPushPath=\\FILESERVERNAME.yourdomain.com\softwaredeployment

REM Set the Lansweeper server LSPush.exe should send the scan results to.

set LansweeperServer=LANSWEEPERSERVER.yourdomain.com

REM *********************************************************************

REM Uninstall code begins here. Do not modify anything below this line.

REM *********************************************************************

:RegQuery

reg query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\QuickTimePlayer.exe"

if NOT %errorlevel%==1 (goto UninstallQuicktime) else (goto End)

REM If 0 returned, there was no error so the product was found. Run the uninstaller here.

:UninstallQuicktime

start wmic product where "name like 'quicktim%%'" call uninstall /nointeractive

REM Sometimes wmic will hang, if no response from wmic after 10 minutes, kill it.

ping -n 600 -w 1 127.0.0.1>nul

taskkill /im WMIC.exe /f

REM Check if Quicktime was successfully uninstalled

:RegQuery2

reg query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\QuickTimePlayer.exe"

if NOT %errorlevel%==1 (goto UninstallQuicktime2) else (goto End)

REM If product could not be uninstalled by wmic, upgrade product to latest version to set the guid to {FF59BD75-466A-4D5A-AD23-AAD87C5FD44C}, then uninstall it.

:UninstallQuicktime2

start /wait msiexec.exe /i %installerspath%\quicktime.msi /quiet DESKTOP_SHORTCUTS=NO

start /wait msiexec.exe /i %installerspath%\applesoftwareupdate.msi /quiet

start /wait msiexec.exe /i %installerspath%\appleapplicationsupport.msi /quiet

start /wait msiexec.exe /x {FF59BD75-466A-4D5A-AD23-AAD87C5FD44C} /qn

REM If 1 or other was returned, the product was not found or another error occurred. Do nothing.

:End

echo %date% %time% Setup ended with error code %errorlevel%. 0=Quicktime Still Installed, 1=Quicktime Not Found >> %LogLocation%\%computername%.txt

REM Run Lansweeper Update.

start %LSPushPath%\lspush.exe %LansweeperServer%

quicktime uninstall on several clients with several versions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.