Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stand up reminders in the middle of the night and sleep hours not logging

I'm getting reminders throughout the night to stand up and walk around for a minute. Putting my watch silent mode isn't an option as I need to receive calls from work. Also, my sleep hours are not logging correctly.

Apple Watch, watchOS 2.2, null

Posted on Apr 20, 2016 4:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2017 11:50 PM

Having just gotten myself a new AW, i am finding this problem as well ... having to turn off Stand and Breathe reminders before I go to bed, and the remember to turn them back on again in the morning, isn't really a "solution" - it's a workaround to a really simple problem.

Would it not be a good idea to add a 'schedule' to both of those features, which basically say 'don't remind me during these hours' ???

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2017 11:50 PM in response to Jonathan UK

Having just gotten myself a new AW, i am finding this problem as well ... having to turn off Stand and Breathe reminders before I go to bed, and the remember to turn them back on again in the morning, isn't really a "solution" - it's a workaround to a really simple problem.

Would it not be a good idea to add a 'schedule' to both of those features, which basically say 'don't remind me during these hours' ???

May 2, 2017 11:54 AM in response to Chryogen

It sounds like a good idea to me, but this is a user-to-user forum and no one here (with VERY limited exceptions) works for Apple. If you would like to make this suggestion to Apple try this link:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Actually in the "Track daily activity" section of the Apple Watch Guide, it says you can turn off activity reminders for the rest of the day:

Open the Apple Watch app on iPhone, tap My Watch, tap Activity, then turn on Mute Reminders for Today.

It will resume the following day. I guess there is no way for the Apple Watch to automatically know when you are sleeping.

Oct 20, 2017 7:48 PM in response to Chryogen

I take my watch off every night and leave it on the charger at night as then it is charged in the beginning of the day and ready for the day to do what I need it to during the day. Because it is off my wrist, there are no reminders that go off. I think this is how Apple intended it to be so that is why it works this way, but I can’t speak for Apple for sure to be able to tell you. You could also try Do Not Disturb and tell work if they need to get through to you to call you twice in a row as this is a setting that you can put on that will let a call through when on do not disturb.

Apr 20, 2016 4:28 AM in response to Joshwhasett

If you are not yet using a third-party sleep tracking solution, apps and third-party accessories that you may wish to consider include:

Sleep++ (uses Apple Watch)

Sleep Pulse 2 Motion (uses Apple Watch)

Beddit Sleep Tracker

Withings Aura Smart Sleep System

S+ by ResMed Sleep Monitor

Stand up reminders in the middle of the night and sleep hours not logging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.