Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s Plus photos app won't share pictures to facebook

SStarting last night, if I try to share photos on Facebook from the photos app, it says my photos will be posted but they never show up on Facebook. I've made sure that I'm logged into Facebook in the iPhone settings, and Facebook is checked as an option under photo sharing. Any ideas as to what happened?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 20, 2016 7:00 AM

10 replies

Apr 21, 2016 12:34 PM in response to JCH16

Hello JCH16,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

If photos you're sharing from the Photos app on your iPhone aren't being shared to Facebook, then a first step I suggest is to make sure your Facebook account is set up in Settings > Facebook:

Sign in

Here's how you sign in to a social-media account from the Settings menu of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Tap Settings, then scroll down and tap a social network, like Twitter.
  2. Sign in with your username and password for that social-network account. If you forget your username or password, visit the company's help page. For example, Facebook and Twitter offer online support to help you with your account.

Sign in to social networks like Facebook and Twitter on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If you're already signed in, then you can try deleting the account and then add it back.

Take care.

May 11, 2016 4:32 PM in response to JCH16

I have been having this same problem for the last few weeks. If I share a photo to facebook from the photos app and I'm not on wifi, it will not share. It waits until I get on wifi and then uploads the photo and post to facebook. I've checked my account settings. I'm logged into facebook on my phone, both in settings and on the app. I've checked the cellular settings. Facebook and ALL other apps, including photos are set to used cellular data. I've logged out of facebook, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, restarted the phone, and the photos app still will not post a photo to facebook unless I'm on wifi. Just spent a half hour on the phone with apple support and no help there. They're recommending what they always do when they can't figure it out... wiping the phone and restoring. Any help so I don't have to do that again would be great.

Jul 4, 2016 6:04 AM in response to turtlewizzie

Same issue here with my Mother In Law's phone. Verizon 6S+ on iOS 9.3.2. Posting within the FB app on cellular data works fine. Unable to share via native photos app to FB while on LTE data only. Logged in to FB w/in iOS and the FB app; cellular data toggles are all on; privacy settings enabled to allow access to both FB and Photos apps. Have restarted and simple reset (home & power) several times. Reset all network settings did not make an impact. Logged in/out of FB on iOS and FB app. Deleted and re-installed FB app. Photos will eventually post to FB once connected to wifi, regardless of LTE signal strength when not on wifi. Problem is also duplicated on AT&T iPhone 6 iOS 9.3.2

<Edited by Host>

iPhone 6s Plus photos app won't share pictures to facebook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.