Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you connect Apple TV to an xfinity wifi hotspot? It won't connect because it doesn't ask for a log in like it does on my phone or laptop.

How do you connect Apple TV to an xfinity wifi hotspot? It won't connect because it doesn't ask for a log in like it does on my phone or laptop.

Posted on Apr 20, 2016 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2016 8:42 AM

You can't log into an Xfinity wifi hotspot using the Apple TV. The login process involves using a web browser which the ATV does not have:

How to Connect

To automatically connect at XFINITY WiFi Hotspots and get the best possible experience, install the security profile on your device. To sign in manually when you are at a hotspot:

1. Using your WiFi-enabled device, connect to the XFINITY WiFi network (network name: xfinitywifi) and launch your browser.
  2. The browser will redirect you to the XFINITY WiFi sign-in page. If you don't see the sign-in page, enter a different URL, like www.xfinity.com, in your browser to be redirected to our sign-in page.
  3. Sign in using your XFINITY username and password and register your device.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2016 8:42 AM in response to nicolejc

You can't log into an Xfinity wifi hotspot using the Apple TV. The login process involves using a web browser which the ATV does not have:

How to Connect

To automatically connect at XFINITY WiFi Hotspots and get the best possible experience, install the security profile on your device. To sign in manually when you are at a hotspot:

1. Using your WiFi-enabled device, connect to the XFINITY WiFi network (network name: xfinitywifi) and launch your browser.
  2. The browser will redirect you to the XFINITY WiFi sign-in page. If you don't see the sign-in page, enter a different URL, like www.xfinity.com, in your browser to be redirected to our sign-in page.
  3. Sign in using your XFINITY username and password and register your device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.