Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting Expired Passes in Wallet

Is there any way to delete all expired passes (i.e. airline tickets) in Wallet? Seems like an unnecessary pain in the *** to go back and delete every airline ticket I've ever put in wallet one at a time.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 20, 2016 2:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2017 8:36 AM

The wallet is supposed to make things convenient. Manually maintaining this is not convenient. Plus, the updated lock screen in the latest release makes accessing the wallet items less convenient as well. 3D press, the view pass, but sometimes the fingerprint scanner just quickly unlocks the screen making it such that I might as well just use the apps and not the wallet at all.

This is just another example of Apple innovating, but then ignoring something that worked well and making it unusable.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2017 8:36 AM in response to gundog75

The wallet is supposed to make things convenient. Manually maintaining this is not convenient. Plus, the updated lock screen in the latest release makes accessing the wallet items less convenient as well. 3D press, the view pass, but sometimes the fingerprint scanner just quickly unlocks the screen making it such that I might as well just use the apps and not the wallet at all.

This is just another example of Apple innovating, but then ignoring something that worked well and making it unusable.

Apr 14, 2017 2:50 AM in response to arougthopher

I agree with the comments here. As a frequent flier (at least recently) it would be nice for Wallet to automatically delete passes after their date of use. Obviously no one wants the app to delete the pass you still need, and manual deletion does work, although I think that's actually riskier you may delete the wrong pass. Maybe add a setting for the user to choose to have it automatically delete airline passes 48 hours after the flight date. There may be other Wallet uses where automatic deletion also makes sense (other kinds of travel besides airlines), but that's my primary use of Wallet.

Nov 29, 2017 6:52 PM in response to joelm1

Thanks for the tip, joelm1!

To save someone a bit frustration I just went through, in iOS 11 the Edit Passes button does not seem to be available if you access the Wallet from Comteol Center.

However it IS available if you access the Wallet app from the Homescreen (or Quicklook). You should see “Wallet” in large letters at the top when you access Wallet in this way. You won’t see that header if accessing from Control Center. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen and click Edit passes to delete quickly.

Apr 20, 2016 2:25 PM in response to gundog75

If I understand you correctly, you want to bulk delete all expired passes. There is no provision for bulk deleting passes, nor is there a provision to determine whether they have expired.

Why is it a "pain in the ***" to individually delete boarding passes after each flight? I would think it's a bigger PIA to inadvertently bulk delete an active pass.

Apr 28, 2016 7:28 PM in response to modular747

I agree w/ OP: it's a pain. Why? B/c I only ever need 1-2 boarding passes = the one(s) for today / tomorrow. The ones after that aren't ready yet, I can't log in to get them yet anyway. What I really need is for the old ones to go away. For my purposes, I just want the old / no longer active ones to go away, they don't, so I have to either delete them every time, or else let them accumulate and delete a whole bunch at once from time to time. This is in fact a real pain. I know others may want to keep old / inactive passes for their own reasons, but defaulting to leaving them & requiring 1-by-1 manual deletion is really inefficient for my needs.

It gets worse: to delete a single pass, I first have to click once to flip it to back side to see the date, b/c date is not displayed on front. Then, there are 3 more clicks before deleting a single pass. Now, do that x 20 (I fly a lot) periodically, and yes, it's really a poor user experience.

Deleting Expired Passes in Wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.