Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast app crashing, downloading madness

Today, April 20, 2016, my podcast app in my iphone 6 plus is going crazy, almost all my podcast are from AfterbuzzTV and all keep downloading over and over even older ones from months ago that I have already listen to (I have activated the "delete played episodes"). I used to have "only download new" but hundreds of podcasts keep on downloading. I dont know what to do.

Right now, after more than an hour deleting every episode, I managed to make them stop, don't exactly know how. Everything is in off, I'm afraid that if I activate "download new episodes" and "delete played episodes", all that downloading craziness will start again.

What happned?

What can I do?

Thank you!!!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 20, 2016 6:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2016 6:17 PM

It's something wrong with Afterbuzz's feed - I've had a bunch of played Afterbuzz episodes download twice now over the past twelve hours or so, and I've erased them twice. But in my case it's only one show, so it's not that huge a deal.

These kind of feed hiccups happen once in a while and I'm not sure why. If it continues to be a problem I unsubscribe, and if I remember, I resubscribe a few days later, when things have hopefully settled down.

Oh, and if you're on a bandwidth cap, make sure you're set to download on wifi only.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2016 6:17 PM in response to Monicadelpozo

It's something wrong with Afterbuzz's feed - I've had a bunch of played Afterbuzz episodes download twice now over the past twelve hours or so, and I've erased them twice. But in my case it's only one show, so it's not that huge a deal.

These kind of feed hiccups happen once in a while and I'm not sure why. If it continues to be a problem I unsubscribe, and if I remember, I resubscribe a few days later, when things have hopefully settled down.

Oh, and if you're on a bandwidth cap, make sure you're set to download on wifi only.

Apr 20, 2016 6:22 PM in response to Monicadelpozo

Ppodcasts app and Podcasts in iTunes are definitely experiencing some major issues in latest updates... Let Apple know here http://www.apple.com/feedback/

In the meantime:

1. Reset your device by holding down the Home and Power buttons until the Apple logo appears;

2. Switch OFF and ON your podcast settings;

3. Confirm that your "Show" settings are correct (not Feed, only Unplayed, etc).

Good luck!

Podcast app crashing, downloading madness

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.