Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Apple ever require your SIN?

Hey all,

I am worried that I may have just been phished by quite an elaborate scam. Text messages were sent to me asking me to verify my Apple ID (mind you, this is also after I have been having issues signing on) with a link attached. I clicked the link, and it looked very similar to Apple, along with the domain name being very similar. Not really thinking, I entered a lot of personal information, along with my SIN, immediately realizing that I may have made a mistake. I know theres a slim chance, but does Apple ever require your SIN? I feel like I do know the answer.

Thanks, tayfrom

iPod touch, iOS 9.3

Posted on Apr 20, 2016 6:37 PM

5 replies

Apr 20, 2016 7:19 PM in response to Rift Support

Yeah, its too late, I knew when i had done it that it was a mistake. I am going to get in contact with Government Agencies immediately in the morning to see what actions I can take. Not like it would help at this point, but the link is crm.icloud.net/complete.html, jeez, actually looking at it is such an easy signal. I made a serious mistake.

Does Apple ever require your SIN?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.