Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

couldnt activate iPad

i updated my iPad 2 GSM model 16gb from ios 6 to 9.3 last week (which is apr 3-9 dont remeber)

the update was successful but when i tried to download some game it asked me for my apple id. i forgot my apple id so i got it wrong and from that my iPad got locked out. it says “Your iPad could not be activated because the activation service is temporarily unavailable.”

i am aware this have been discussed multiple times and they already posted a solution in this link
:If you can’t activate your iPad 2 (GSM model) after you update to iOS 9.3 - Apple Support
i have followed all the steps closely and tried it multiple times in multiple computers but im still stuck in the loop, restore > still locked > update > still locked
itunes cant even verify my device so its also a no-no

Now, since my iPad got updated to 9.3 without any problems and just got locked out when i was asked for apple id

i think this have something to do with this If you can't activate your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch after installing iOS 9.3 - Apple Support

the articles says i can remove activation locked by logging in to iCloud.com, i have forgotten my apple id/icloud so i have to go for the forgot password option. and reset the password

the problem is the email connected to my icloud where the password reset will be sent is an email im no longer using.

is there a way send the password reset to other email? or just straight change my locked iPads apple ID to other apple IDs im using.

iPad 2, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 20, 2016 9:57 PM

2 replies

couldnt activate iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.