Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage for Windows

is there a iMessage for PC? or remote my iPhone with PC Windows, so i can send iMessage from PC Windows.

iPhone 5, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 20, 2016 11:35 PM

13 replies

Jan 22, 2017 12:22 AM in response to hrace009

I must've given this question a good 20 hours of research. For business reasons I had to move from macOS to Windows 10, and imessage was BY FAR what I missed the most. Well, that and having a computer that just...worked.

Anyway, the short answer is, no, as of last week there isn't an app that allows you to use iMessage in Windows...version 10 or otherwise. I came across a TON of third party apps that touted "universal", "total", or "all encompassing" chat access, but don't waste your time because it doesn't exist.

However, there are a pair of workarounds I've come across:

Remote Desktop - If you have a machine running macOSf, you can use one of a number of remote desktop utilities to view and interact with that machine through a browser window. VNC and Chrome Remote Desktop are a couple off the top of my head.

macOS actually has a native screen sharing feature, come to think of it. To enable screen sharing, click the Apple icon on the menu bar at the top of your screen and select System Preferences. Click the Sharing icon in the System Preferences window and enable the Screen Sharing checkbox.

Here's a well-written How-To...

Virtualization (i.e. a using a program like VMWARE or VirtualBox to run an instance of macOS within Windows) and/or iOS Emulation. Unfortunately, Apple doesn't officially support either, and they may well be grounds for breaking your EULA (End User License Agreement), but I hear that some have had success with that...particularly VMWare. If you could get it to work, the benefits of having a full installation of macOS at your disposal would be manifold...

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Aug 21, 2017 1:17 PM in response to dennis.agatep

On the virtualization, I would think you would be in EULA violation IF you did NOT purchase a separate licensing iOS to run in say VmWare. I've thought of that route a few time. Expense and motivation has prevented me.

I might be motivated enough to do the Chrome RDP interface to the iPad or iPhone to see what develops.

Aren't there multi-platformed IM products that are capable of *talking to* other IM products - last I worked with was Pidgin IIRC, however that was a "100 years ago" in computer development cycles.

Oct 12, 2017 7:40 PM in response to hrace009

ok I would love to have a Mac and do my work BUT... not going to happen due to the nature of my job. The next thing I would love to do is get my i messages on my PC. Whatsapp will do it why not apple??? it is almost 2018 and the best iPhones ever are out, apple is already utilizing samsung technologies. Why not help those of us out that are stuck on Windows? How about integrating it into the windows icloud app?

Apr 22, 2016 4:41 AM in response to hrace009

These are specific features that Apple have integrated into their own platform. Offering these out to Windows probably wouldnt be of good benefit to Apple and would make the competition a little less between both vendors.

iTunes however - I can see why this is on Windows because Windows users can purchase content through it which make sense why it is available for that platform.

I wouldnt say it is discrimination. Just Features to boost their OS. At the end of the day Apple and Microsoft are competitors even though there are some products compatible for each other.

iMessage for Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.