Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Procedure for updating cover art

I have checked the RSS feed for my podcast, EGO NetCast, on Podbase Podcast Validator. I got the following analysis:

"Cover art The cover art must be 1,400–3,000 pixels square to look good on fancy retina-class displays. The podcast art isn’t square (it’s 2,966×1,775 pixels). The file size is huuuge — 2,668 KB. 675 KB is a reasonable maximum file size for a high-quality JPEG image."

I have now got help and Ivan of Noobpreneur has helped me with an updated artwork (1650x1650 pixel, 484 KB).

Should I start with uploading the new cover art at the dashboard of my podcast host, Libsyn, and then click the link, "Refresh Feed" in PodcastConnect.Apple.com?

Btw: Have you used the Mirror URL ("pcr.apple.com/ID#") provided by Apple?

All the Best,

Martin Lindeskog

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 21, 2016 12:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2016 2:51 AM

EgoNetCast wrote:

Should I start with uploading the new cover art at the dashboard of my podcast host, Libsyn, and then click the link, "Refresh Feed" in PodcastConnect.Apple.com?

Yes, that's the process. Make sure you give the new image a new filename or the Store will have no way of knowing it's changed. Expect it to take some days to update.

The Mirror URL is simply an alias to the iTunes Store page URL.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2016 2:51 AM in response to EgoNetCast

EgoNetCast wrote:

Yes, that's the process. Make sure you give the new image a new filename or the Store will have no way of knowing it's changed. Expect it to take some days to update.

The Mirror URL is simply an alias to the iTunes Store page URL.

Apr 25, 2016 6:47 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Roger: Thanks for the help!

I have now updated the cover art and refreshed the feed. I tested the RSS feed on Podbase and got the following analysis:

"The cover art must be 1,400–3,000 pixels square to look good on fancy retina-class displays.

• Good, your podcast art is 1,650 pixels square.
  • The file size is a bit overweight (485 KB). 350 KB is a reasonable maximum file size for a high-quality JPEG image."

Procedure for updating cover art

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.