Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to change the voice in the maps app?

The voice in the maps app is annoying, I just want to be able to change it.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 21, 2016 3:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2017 6:22 AM

The languange or voice you set under iPhone Language (Settings -> General -> Language & Region) is the voice you have on Maps. As I tested multiple ways, you cannot have the iPhone with one language and Maps with other.

7 replies

Apr 22, 2016 2:05 PM in response to joegadney

Howdy joegadney,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

The voice you hear on your Maps navigation is also the voice you have selected for Siri. You can change this by following the directions below:

Change Siri’s voice or language

To change Siri's voice, go to Settings > General > Siri > Voice Gender. To change Siri's language, go to Settings > General > Siri > Language. Then choose from the list of languages that Siri speaks and understands.

You can use Siri in any country, with any of the supported languages. Since Siri is designed to recognize accents and dialects of the supported countries, Siri's accuracy rate will be highest for native speakers. Learn which Siri features are supported in which countries.

Use Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care.

Sep 18, 2016 1:51 PM in response to Tomeranaray

Seems it's not true at all. The Siri language used for the Maps app seems to follow the language setting for iOS and not the language setting for Siri. A pitty. I think it would be great to be able to change the Maps voice to whatever language is spoken at the current map view. At least be able to separately adjust the language used by Siri in Maps.

Let's feedback Apple: http://apple.com/feedback/

Is there any way to change the voice in the maps app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.