Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PNG Sequence cutting short

Hi

I am working on a 10 minute video sequence and one of my animations is a 430 frame PNG sequence. This was brought into the project fine and I continued working on later parts. For some reason when I scrub the timeline back over this early part of the project it has cut the png sequence animation short, it plays around 25% of the animation then holds. It should play 100% then hold on end condition.

When I view the properties of this clip, the End Duration says 476 and is right at the far end on the slider bar. If I move this it snaps to 100 and will not go further.

Retiming the clip to 100% makes it play even less, about 10% of the full animation. Replacing the media with the same png sequence does nothing. The only solution is to delete the clip and re-import it and redo my animation on it. I have had to do this a few times throughout the project for previously completed groups / layers that were fine originally.

All media is on the local drive.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? I do copy clips from the timeline and paste them at later sections then change properties of the duplicate (not clone) which I think messes with the original version somehow as it is always on clips that are reused.

Thanks for any insight.

Posted on Apr 21, 2016 4:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2016 2:32 PM

Check your Play Range.

User uploaded file

You might have accidentally shortened it by typing command-option-O instead of simply typing O to set an outpoint on some other object, or you set it and forgot about it.

Or

You set an out point on the group containing the image sequence.

Or

You might have accidentally set the play length (out point) of one of the images in the sequence to a longer time (and it was likely moved to the top of the layers in the group of images.)

All kinds of things could have happened.

Try reimporting the image sequence and Clone the group. Make new clones from the original each time you need a new copy.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2016 2:32 PM in response to Anim

Check your Play Range.

User uploaded file

You might have accidentally shortened it by typing command-option-O instead of simply typing O to set an outpoint on some other object, or you set it and forgot about it.

Or

You set an out point on the group containing the image sequence.

Or

You might have accidentally set the play length (out point) of one of the images in the sequence to a longer time (and it was likely moved to the top of the layers in the group of images.)

All kinds of things could have happened.

Try reimporting the image sequence and Clone the group. Make new clones from the original each time you need a new copy.

PNG Sequence cutting short

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.