Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cant use safari to browser access ftp sites. is this related to the latest fix?

I got some complaints about not being able to access my ftp.

I checked it on android and pc, all working. on my ipad and iphone it gives an error:

the error: you do not have permission to view "Okemo12A405.J2aOS"

I guess that there are some access rights blocked to this particular file?

it should show a credentials window.

I am not sure how long this is, but I guess it is since OIS 9.3.1 as the complaints are since around 1 april

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 21, 2016 2:28 AM

1 reply

Apr 22, 2016 12:38 PM in response to TecnoLord

Hey there TecnoLord,

I understand that you are running into some issues with access to FTP from your iOS device. You may want to make sure your TCP and UDP ports conform to the settings suggested here in order to allow access for your iOS products:

TCP and UDP ports used by Apple software products - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202944

Thanks for being a part of the Apple Support Communities!

i cant use safari to browser access ftp sites. is this related to the latest fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.