Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to recover lost contacts without backup?

i and my dad were using same iCloud account for our iPhones since a long time..i created a new iCloud account on his phone..wen i did that his all contacts were lost... so i logged out and signed in with our old common iCloud account...when i did that his and mine contacts were merged and also his all contacts were not present... now how can i get back his all contacts ?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Apr 21, 2016 7:13 AM

12 replies

Sep 18, 2017 3:01 AM in response to suk123

When iOS 10 was released, there was an iCloud Drive bug that caused many users to lose all of their documents that were stored in iCloud Drive. Apple fixed that issue, but there are still rare problems that pop up that can cause iCloud content to be erased, either through user error or through bugs in the operating system.

Following the iOS 10 iCloud Drive deletion snafu, Apple quietly introduced tools to recover deleted files from iCloud, and more recently, added a way to recover Contacts, Calendars, and Reminders, giving users a way to restore any lost content. This is a little known feature, but it's good to know about if you run into an issue that wipes out content on your iOS device.

The first step is to log into iCloud on the web. These recovery tools are only available through iCloud.com. They are not present in the iCloud Settings app on iOS 10 or within the dedicated iCloud Drive app that's available in iOS 12.

To log into iCloud.com:

Visit iCloud.com in a web browser of choice, such as Safari or Chrome.
Enter your Apple ID and password.
If you have two-factor authentication turned on, you'll need a trusted device to generate a code to log into iCloud and access the settings.

User uploaded file

To access the recovery settings:

Click on the "Settings" app in the main iCloud menu.

User uploaded file

Scroll down to the bottom of the page until you get to the "Advanced" section."

User uploaded file

Click on the content you need to restore. Options are files stored in iCloud Drive, a list of contacts, or your Calendar and Reminders. Restoring files:
Using the "Restore Files" option on iCloud.com brings up a list of all files that have been deleted over the past 30 days. It includes files from apps that support iCloud Drive, such as Pixelmator, Napkin, and Byword.

Mar 7, 2017 6:47 PM in response to suk123

I think you can sign in your iCloud accounts respectively, and recover the contacts which you need. According to your description, you already back up your contacts.

And I suggest you use some software that can view the contacts from iCloud or iTunes backup, and you can recover them selectively. Some of them even can recover deleted contacts without any backup.

how to recover lost contacts without backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.