Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did AirPlay stop working after IOS 9.3.1 update?

I Have I Pioneer SC75 home theater receiver that has an AirPlay feature. we have been laying iTunes music on it over AirPlay from my iPad, my iPhone 6 and from my wife's iPhone 6. Recently, I updated both my iPad and iPhone to IOS 9.3.1. Since then, I have not been able to get AirPlay to with either device. However, my wife did not update IOS on her iPhone, and aiplay continues to work with her iPhone connecting to the Pioneer.

What do I need to do to get AirPlay working again with my iPhone and iPad?

Tim English

iPad 2, iOS 9.3.1, Also iPhone 6

Posted on Apr 21, 2016 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2016 9:51 AM

Try to force restart either device that is not working

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Also check (if you have not) to see that AirPlay is not turned off in the control center

10 replies

May 8, 2016 9:47 AM in response to AggieChE

If you read my post, everything was restarted. I have had Apple produces for 30 years, we have 5 iPads now. Yes I know how to do forced restarts. I don't post here or call Apple until I spent a week trying to solve a problem. Apple software quality has been taking a hit the last few years.

Maximus623, please call Apple and let then know or it won't get fixed!

May 16, 2016 3:33 PM in response to dbaps3

Good news/bad news... IOS 9.3.2 seems to have fixed this issue using Airplay from our iPhone 6 to the Apple TV 4, but not for the iPad. I tried Youtube and got 1.5 to about 5.5 minutes, mostly close to 1 minute before stopping. Anyone still with this issue please post and if you not opened an Apple ticket please do so.

Dec 23, 2016 2:44 PM in response to AggieChE

Tim, I have the Pioneer SC-99 and I am having the exact same problem not only with my IOS 9.3.1 devices, but also with 10.12.2 of MacOS. I have read from other posts that the problem seems to be specific to AirPlay on 5 GHz wireless, and not limited to Pioneer devices:

AirPlay mirroring is broken on 5ghz Wireless band

My new Apple TV v4 does not work smoothly on Airplay with both my MacbookPro and Air laptops but fine with iPhone and iP…

And many more if you search...

I have a mac mini with 10.12.1 on it which happens to be wired and I never have had problems with it. I am about to test iTunes running on my 10.12.2 MacBook which glitches when on 5 GHz and put it on the wire to use AirPlay to connect to my SC-99 which is already on the wire and I'll report back if I continue to have problems, but my money is on the problem will vanish under these conditions.

I guess the other wireless solution would be to run on 2.4 if you want to play music from a wireless device, which would really be a shame for me after spending $250 on a multiband 5 GHz Router/AP. If I were to called Apple support, I pretty much expect that they will blame Pioneer for this problem so I am not going to waste my time unless I can grab an old AppleTV to replicate the problem. Honestly, I wouldn't be a surprised if it was another Bonjour issue.

Why did AirPlay stop working after IOS 9.3.1 update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.