Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to find password for WI FI for new cell phone

I Purchased a new smart phone, 1st step is to connect to my computer based Wi Fi, I need to enter a password on the phone to connect to my wi fi.

I dont know the pass word, with a quick search I find directions how to find out the password. Step 1) click Mac HD icon 2) click applications

3) locate and double click Linksys Connect icon I dont have this icon, I searched my applications and dont have it. So, I cant complete the 1st step

in setting up my new smart phone. What do I do? Do I have to download this app???

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Apr 21, 2016 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2016 10:58 AM

Not sure what you mean by "computer based Wi Fi" so the following may not help. However if you have a Wi-Fi router and your Mac is connected to it then see the following:

Open Keychain Access on Mac (you can find that by using Spotlight Search – Command Spacebar), click System in sidebar and then click Passwords in sidebar, double-click on the wi-fi router name, click the box in front of Show Password, enter your Mac's login password for your username if prompted.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2016 10:58 AM in response to 8149

Not sure what you mean by "computer based Wi Fi" so the following may not help. However if you have a Wi-Fi router and your Mac is connected to it then see the following:

Open Keychain Access on Mac (you can find that by using Spotlight Search – Command Spacebar), click System in sidebar and then click Passwords in sidebar, double-click on the wi-fi router name, click the box in front of Show Password, enter your Mac's login password for your username if prompted.

Apr 21, 2016 1:41 PM in response to lllaass

I called my ISP and we figured it out. I do have a wi fi router but the wi fi was turned of at the router, so my smart

phone could not find my wi fi. She gave me a web address where I got all the info, my wi fi password and a few

other things. I wrote all this down, I have a lot to learn.

My mac has OSX 10.9.5 It does not have Linksys Connect icon or Open Key Chain Access, I thought maybe now

I have the wi fi turned on at the router one or both of these would show up on Spotlight Search.

Thank you very much for your help FoxFifth and Illaass!

Need to find password for WI FI for new cell phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.