Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Play from One iTunes to Many AirPlay Devices?

Does anyone know of a way to play music to multiple rooms with AirPlay devices? But not just all the same songs, I want to play different songs to different AirPlay devices that are in different rooms from one iTunes.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Apr 21, 2016 2:39 PM

9 replies

Apr 21, 2016 7:43 PM in response to ckuan

I'm fully aware of Sonos but with Sonos you HAVE to use their speakers and for a long time you even HAD to use their remotes. Sonos is a nice, but very restrictive. I am wanting to play to multiple AirPlay speakers like an Apple AirPort Express, Apple TV, iHome... all at the same time, and I want the option to play different songs to the speakers that are in different rooms.

May 2, 2016 9:21 PM in response to Solo Keita

After looking around I have found the best solution to be something called audio|acacia by a group called Plethra.

audio|acacia lets you play music from your iTunes / iPhone / iPad / iPod / Android Device / Internet Radio / etc. to any AirPlay device including your AirPort Express / Apple TV / iPhone / iPad / iPod / Computer / etc. Not only can you play to all of them, but you can play to all of them and have them be in sync with each other. You can also play one song to a group of speakers and another song do a different group of speakers at the same time. It's pretty awesome.

So, it was hard to find, but I found what I was looking for.

Play from One iTunes to Many AirPlay Devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.