Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where is the com.apple.mail.plist in 10.11.4

Hi!

After installing some software I am not able to connect my mail accounts to any server. Account error. This was correctly working before. I desintall all these security software but I still have the problem. Can't find mail plist in the user's preference. It does not seems to exist in 10.11.4

Any idea where it is located or replaced ?

Regards

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.0.x), SSD 500 gig 8 gig ram

Posted on Apr 21, 2016 4:01 PM

2 replies

Apr 21, 2016 7:06 PM in response to Patro

It's actually in the Containers folder of your user library: ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail/Data/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mail.pli st

However, if your going to reset the Mail defaults, you would be better to delete the com.apple.mail folder, and not individual files within.

If you have one in the ~/Library/Preferences/ folder, delete it. It won't be replaced.

Container folder path is:

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail

Quit Mail, move that folder to the trash, then open Mail. You will need to reset your defaults. If something goes wrong, you can always put that folder back and replace the new one that was created.

where is the com.apple.mail.plist in 10.11.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.