Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone charging issue (dock connector sticking out from the right)

User uploaded file

So this my iphone, the dock connector doesn't go all the way in. Always sticks out from the right.

Yes, I've tried cleaning it.. my phone seems to die at between 20%-30%.. and when i try rebooting it shows me its out of battery.

Please tell me the exact problem and solution if anyone can cause i don't have apple store here where I live

And i have been ripped off before from some mechanic insisting its a simple battery issue.

Should i change the dock connector or is it some software issue? I've tried synchronizing with iTunes..

Doesn't help. I don't have ebay either to help me with self fixing kits.

It's come to the point where i cannot trust anything under 40%.. help please.

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Apr 22, 2016 1:33 AM

14 replies

Apr 22, 2016 9:57 AM in response to muhammad177

If Apple does not offer service for iPhones in your country, the only option would be getting the phone checked by an experienced 3rd party repair shop. But they have to examine the inside of the phone and the docking port very closely, to find out the reason for that.

Depending on the age and use of the phone, it could also be that the battery is damaged and expanding.

Apr 22, 2016 5:16 PM in response to muhammad177

If you are confident that you have removed all the fluff and dirt etc from inside the port, then it's possible there is a bent pin or two inside the port causing the connector to be sticking out like that. If that's the case, then it will need to be replaced. If you take it to a reputable independent repairer, they will be able to overlay a new dock connector to ensure it fixes your problem before proceeding with installing it. This may also fix your battery problem (if said pins are touching causing a kind of short... a possibility, but a long shot). Alternatively, you may need a new battery as well.

Iphone charging issue (dock connector sticking out from the right)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.