Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime pro does not list iphone camera in Source list.

Hello, in Quicktime I can view the Iphone camera and directly record it on my Mac. Now, I upgraded to Quicktime Pro (because you can change the folder for saving), but now I can't change the camera source from the list. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Greetings!

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Apr 22, 2016 2:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2016 8:43 AM

(1) As explained here, recording iPhone camera requires QuickTimeX. QuickTime Pro will not do it.

(You can move your QTX recorded iPhone camera clips to a different folder on your Mac after they are saved.)

(2) To you use QuickTime Pro with your OS X 10.11.4 Mac, be sure you have install the latest QuickTime 7 version, currently here.

User uploaded file

You can set the QuickTime Pro camera in the QuickTime Player 7 preferences.

User uploaded file

If your Mac recognises more than one(not an iOS device) camera, you can select the desired one by clicking on the Video Source choices bar:

User uploaded file

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.11.4

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2016 8:43 AM in response to sigisepp

(1) As explained here, recording iPhone camera requires QuickTimeX. QuickTime Pro will not do it.

(You can move your QTX recorded iPhone camera clips to a different folder on your Mac after they are saved.)

(2) To you use QuickTime Pro with your OS X 10.11.4 Mac, be sure you have install the latest QuickTime 7 version, currently here.

User uploaded file

You can set the QuickTime Pro camera in the QuickTime Player 7 preferences.

User uploaded file

If your Mac recognises more than one(not an iOS device) camera, you can select the desired one by clicking on the Video Source choices bar:

User uploaded file

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.11.4

Quicktime pro does not list iphone camera in Source list.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.