Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Calendar, typed entries disappear

I frequently find that as soon as I have entered an event, with date, location, time, choice of calendar and alerts, into the Calendar app on my Mac, much of this disappears again at once and has to be entered again.

I think, though I cannot be sure, that this has only started to happen since I signed up for iCloud. It does not happen when i enter an event on my phone instead of on my Mac.

I should be very interested in any suggestions regarding reasons for this irritating behaviour and for how to avoid it happening.

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), OS X 10.8.5

Posted on Apr 22, 2016 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2016 8:15 AM

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud and stop Calendar syncing. Does the problem still happen?

Maybe this will help.

Calendar can’t enter new event.

Calendar can’t enter new event (2)

3 replies

Apr 25, 2016 7:49 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks as always, Eric. I went to the first of the links you provided and tried each of the three possible solutions given there. Neither the Disk Utility one nor changing the Refresh Calendar setting from Push to anything else worked for me (NB: Mountain Lion). But the third suggestion, 'I just found a work around.If you create the event and keep the default calendar (i.e. "Work", or whatever it selects by default), it works, then double click it and change the calendar to whatever you want (i.e. "Family"). Kind of a pain, but easier then entering everything a second time' did work.

On a whim, I then tried changing my default calendar from 'Personal and Home' (which is independent of email accounts) to one of my email accounts — and lo and behold, that worked, too, or has done so far! It is still a bit of a nuisance, because it means changing the calendar every time I enter an event. But at least I can make that change (a change which I quite frequently had to make anyway when an event did not fall into the 'Personal and Home' category) at the time of entering the event, instead of having to enter the event, close the dialog and reopen the event by double-clicking on it to then change the calendar.

I hope this will work for others, too.

In Calendar, typed entries disappear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.