Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

brand new mophie powerstation is already out of warranty

I received a new mophie powerstation as a gift. I was excited because this product is one I've been looking into getting and I know mophie makes some great products that work well with Apple. I followed the directions to charge the unit, and though the four LEDs light up that say I still have a full charge, it won't charge any of my compatible devices when plugged in. Unfortunately, right out of the box, it didn't work.

I sent in a photo of my new mophie powerstation serial number (no receipt since it was a gift) to mophie corporate and received a very nice prompt reply that my new unit was manufactured in 2014, and there was nothing I could do without a receipt.

Customer Service basically told me that because it was manufactured in January 2014, there's not much they can do. The device was given to me, new in unopened packaging, in March, 2016.

More or less, the warranty expired long before it was even distributed.

Does anyone know what I can do? It's a brand new unit, and I've been a big fan of mophie now for quite some time, but I can't seem to wrap my head around this.

Thanks,

Evan

Posted on Apr 22, 2016 8:24 AM

2 replies

Apr 22, 2016 5:43 PM in response to Evan Hayden

Evan Hayden wrote:

I received a new mophie powerstation as a gift. I was excited because this product is one I've been looking into getting and I know mophie makes some great products that work well with Apple. I followed the directions to charge the unit, and though the four LEDs light up that say I still have a full charge, it won't charge any of my compatible devices when plugged in. Unfortunately, right out of the box, it didn't work.

I sent in a photo of my new mophie powerstation serial number (no receipt since it was a gift) to mophie corporate and received a very nice prompt reply that my new unit was manufactured in 2014, and there was nothing I could do without a receipt.

Customer Service basically told me that because it was manufactured in January 2014, there's not much they can do. The device was given to me, new in unopened packaging, in March, 2016.

More or less, the warranty expired long before it was even distributed.

Does anyone know what I can do? It's a brand new unit, and I've been a big fan of mophie now for quite some time, but I can't seem to wrap my head around this.

Most warranties are effective from the date of purchase (Apple's are, for example). If it was made 2 years ago it was probably purchased close to 2 years ago. So it has been sitting around in someone's drawer until they gifted you with it. And as it was unopened the initial charge drained away. It's a Lithium chemistry battery, and draining them flat kills them. Most sincerely dead.

brand new mophie powerstation is already out of warranty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.