Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

podcasts not on phone but show up when phone is connected

Hey all,

I love podcasts as I spend two hours a day commuting. Recently I have branched out and tried some new podcasts. One I subscribed to and the other I did not. After listening I made sure that the podcasts where deleted from my phone. Unfortunately, they are no longer on my phone (at least not that I can find) but when I plug my phone into either of my vehicles (2014 Ford Explorer or 2015 Nissan Pathfinder) using the lighting connector the now deleted podcasts continue to show up in my list of available podcasts. To make matters worse, all my existing podcasts are now in a jumble and listed under the two deleted podcasts.

For example - I tried out the Alton Browncast. I listened to one episode, without subscribing. When i had listened to the podcast I deleted the episode from my phone. It no longer shows up on my phone as a podcast that I have loaded on the phone but when the phone is plugged into a vehicle the Alton Browncast still shows up. When I select the Alton Browncast in my vehicle there are no episodes of the Alton Browncast that show up but rather I get a list of every other podcast currently downloaded onto my phone, in a jumble.

I have tried restarting my phone (power button) and I have tried resetting my phone (power and home button simultaneously). I am trying to avoid a restore just because I have already spent a considerable amount of time getting my phone how I like it.

Has anyone run into anything similar and if so how do I go about resolving it?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 22, 2016 8:57 AM

6 replies

Apr 22, 2016 10:04 AM in response to Khubo

Many users, including me, report similar issues and various variations of the problem. Unfortunately, no one seems to have found a consistent resolution.

Currently, I'm in the process of seeing if unsubscribing selected podcasts, then deleting the podcasts from all my devices, will resolve the issue. Unlike previous attempts, this time I'm setting my subscriptions and preferences on just one device and letting them sync across other devices. Too early to know if this will work.

You can report the issue directly to Apple: http://www.apple.com/feedback/

May 25, 2016 9:40 AM in response to Khubo

Let me give a little update on this. I still have the issue but I have found that if I delete the podcasts from the phone while the phone is connected to the stereo that the podcast that I have subscribed to will finally disappear from the list of podcasts. However, as soon as I disconnect from the vehicle and return later, it is back.

I know that at l;east 2 of us have had this problem. We can't be the only ones.

podcasts not on phone but show up when phone is connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.