Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you get a Logo/Watermark in Final Cut Express?

First off, yes I did Google, and universally the only solution anyone ever seems to suggest is to use Photoshop. I don't have hundreds of dollars to buy photoshop at the moment, and even if I did, I'm not going to pay that JUST so I can make one image transparent to put into the corner of one video.

So I have a full screen image on a picture I want to use as a logo, I have no problem resizing it, placing it, making it transparent and (in the case of when I convert the picture to a video, keying out the black background) all that, the problem is whether I use it as a video or it's native picture file, making it transparent, resizing, etc, etc, within Final Cut putting it in the top video track (so that it is over everything else, including the effects, which is what I want) it takes 4, 6, 10, 20 hours to render (depending on clip size) while the rendering of the actual video clip with all the effects, colour correction and whatever fixes I want on that literally takes 20 minutes to 2 hours (depending on clip size) so adding this logo is taking a RIDICULOUS amount of time to add to my video and I am hoping there are some suggestions that DON'T involve Photoshop to get this transparent logo in the bottom corner of my entire video.

Since everyone universally says "that's not enough information for us to help you" yet volunteers no other information beyond that statement, just tell me what information you need specifically and where I can find it in order to get you the info you need.

the original logo is a full screen .png file, the object itself if fully solid but it is on a transparent background (so if I placed the picture on the top track of my video, only the object would be seen, no background would be, so all the video on lower tracks can be seen around the object) Whether I place the .png file on the timeline directly and make it transparent then within final cut, or convert the .png to a video and then try to do all that, whether I resize the object itself to the correct size or leave it full screen and simply resize the screen down the correct size, it ALL seems to take the same, ridiculously massive amount of time to render, so I am hoping someone can help me figure out how to do this correctly.

I do have Motion 5 and Aperture in my computer though, so would I be able to make a compatible transparency file in either of those programs? I am doing a 30 minute show and all the rendering combined for all the segments took about 8 hours, so to site and wait 8 hours or more PER SEGMENT is way, way, WAY too long and hope I can figure out a much faster way of doing it. Thank you very much!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Apr 22, 2016 9:36 AM

2 replies

How do you get a Logo/Watermark in Final Cut Express?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.