Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4 dying at random battery percents and wont turn on after charge

Hi

My old iphone 4 has been having battery issues recently and has been dying at high percents and whenever i charge it even after 2 hours its on the red battery screen. But sometimes if i stop it from charging for 20 minutes it can turn back on. Also one last symptom is that if its not with a power source for about an hour it dies no matter battery %. Its getting very frustrating if you could give a solution without DFU or reset that would be nice because i want to keep my local data that i cant back up to my PC

Thank you , Th3Execution3r

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Apr 22, 2016 2:57 PM

4 replies

Apr 22, 2016 5:15 PM in response to Th3Execution3r

Normally I would say take it to Apple. However, the $79 that they would charge for a new battery I don't think is a good investment in a 6 year old underpowered phone. Either put the money towards a new phone, or follow SunOfRa's advice and find an independent who will replace it. Or visit http://www.ifixit.com, where you can find instructions on how to do it yourself as well as a source for a replacement. Just don't go for the cheapest battery. Get a good quality one.

iphone 4 dying at random battery percents and wont turn on after charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.