Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I put Calendar events back on my computer?

iMac running 10.10.5

I completely misunderstood the idea of iCloud. I thought your data lived on the computer so that if you deselected an app in the Internet Accounts Pref Pane, it would simply disconnect from iCloud and your data would stay on your box. Now I see that the opposite happens. If you deselect it, your data disappears from apps like Calendar.

I HATE the hangs and bugs and glitches that the iCloud connection endows Calendar with. I would like to disconnect it from iCloud and simply have it on my iMac. How can i do that?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Apr 23, 2016 12:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2016 12:54 PM

While connected to iCloud, open Calendar and then Calendar/File/Export. Disconnect from iCloud, then Calendar/File/Import.

5 replies

Apr 25, 2016 7:36 AM in response to Eric Root

Since you were so helpful, I wonder if you have the time to answer this easy follow-up:

Now that I'm adding calendar events to the .ics file I exported to my desktop, does it automatically synch with the iCloud Calendar data if I re-connect to iCloud? If not, how do I synch it without losing data I've added since disconnecting from iCloud?

Thanks in advance for your time.

How do I put Calendar events back on my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.