Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipo classic HELP

I have a first generation ipod classic which has become unresponsive after downloading Microsoft 10

my serial is unreadable how I book a repair without the serial number

iPod classic, HELP

Posted on Apr 23, 2016 12:45 AM

1 reply

Apr 23, 2016 1:14 AM in response to anmarsil

A 1st gen "classic" iPod from around 2001? With a mechanical scroll wheel that physically turns in a circle? If that's your iPod model...

When you say "unresponsive," do you mean it does not operate as an iPod and play music? It does not respond to you using it? If so, do a Reset (restart) on the iPod, as described here

Learn how to reset your iPod - Apple Support (see section iPod, iPod (scroll wheel), iPod (touch wheel), and iPod (dock connector)

OR does "unresponsive" means the iPod is not recognized properly when connected to your computer? Since you use Windows, does your PC have a FireWire port? The 1st gen iPod only charges and syncs using a FireWire connection (not USB). I'm wondering if you need to install additional drivers to make Windows 10 work with FireWire devices. Is the FireWire port on the PC from an interface "card" added to your PC, or is it a built-in feature from the PC's maker?

ipo classic HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.