Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic mouse 2 problem

Hi,

I've just paired my new magic mouse 2 but am unable to set it up. When I click set up bluetooth mouse it says 'no mouse found'. However I am using it but it only lets me move the cursor and click. Any ideas? All my software is up to date.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 23, 2016 10:34 AM

6 replies

Apr 24, 2016 2:06 AM in response to hem85

Hello Hem85,

Your macbook cannot be running on iOS 9.3.1. Perhaps you could find a moment to update your profile. If you don't have El Capitan and you don't want to upgrade to it, you can still buy the old MM1 mouse ... but you need to specifically ask for it. If it was bought from an Apple retail store you should take it back. During the first 14 days (28 in the UK) you can return it without questions being asked, particularly if the assistant failed to ask if your machine was suitable. It says quite clearly on the box that El Capitan 10.11 is required.

Apr 24, 2016 3:12 AM in response to hem85

Take a few moments to read this document. Resetting the SMC looks the most likely task but you also should think through the interference element. Be aware, you mmay have to reset some settings afterwards.

If your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad aren't working as expected - Apple Support

Don't forget to update your profile. It is important if you ask questions here.

May 22, 2016 6:18 AM in response to seventy one

i have just 'installed the MM2, it wouldn't install with the lighting lead, only blue tooth and then only options i have within the 'mouse' on the setup up screen is 'click speed' & 'track speed' nothing else so the gesture can't be turned on, adjusted or anything because the option simply isn't there to do so. SO I HAVENT A SCOOBY DOO WHAT TO DO

2015 Mac pro-book running El Capitain and updated today 22/05/16

Magic mouse 2 problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.