Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri does not hear me apple tv 4

Hello,

I have two issues on my brand new Apple tv 4:

1. WHen I hold the mic button to bring Siri up and I try to say something, everytime I receive a reply that she did not get what I said, no matter how loud I say it.
  2. Podcasts app does not start any video cast, when I press play on an episode, it starts but I can hear only the audio, and the screen remains at the episode list.

Apple TV 4-OTHER, tvOS 9.2

Posted on Apr 23, 2016 12:20 PM

7 replies

Apr 25, 2016 6:58 AM in response to mariusmuntean

This is clearly not normal behavior from the ATV.

Do a restart by reading and following these instructions:

How to restart your Apple TV - Apple Support

If that does not clear it up do a restore by carefully reading these instructions and following Restore:

Restore your Apple TV to its factory settings - Apple Support

On ATV operation, you may find this online guide very useful:

http://help.apple.com/appletv/#/atvbd7b38b34

Apr 25, 2016 10:00 PM in response to mariusmuntean

Hi,

Found the cause of this issue, if I may say so. I have raised the volume of my TV to a much higher value after a restart of the Apple TV and I can hear the navigation clicks and effect sounds but still, these sound effects are having the volume way too low if I have too set the TV volume at such a high value. If I play a movie and leave the Volume level at this level, the sound level is too high! this issue was not present on the 3rd gen.

I will raise a bug report at Apple.

Siri does not hear me apple tv 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.