Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts & Episodes multiplying like a plague

Many podcasts are listed multiple times, usually with the same episodes inside. In the attached example It shows The New Yorker: Fiction twice with the same five episodes inside plus an additional six times with the same two episodes inside.

Did anyone find a solution for this issue? I already tried Unsubscribing, Deleting, then Resubscribing on all synced devices, not just on the iPad.

User uploaded file

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 9.3

Posted on Apr 23, 2016 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2016 1:53 PM

This seems to happen whenever the feed URL for a podcast changes. In the past I made an effort to fix my older episodes with an external editor (since iTunes cannot get to the field) and then refreshed iTunes view of the information which fixed things. However it is altogether too tedious to do on a regular basis and I gave up.

tt2

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2016 1:53 PM in response to Rysz

This seems to happen whenever the feed URL for a podcast changes. In the past I made an effort to fix my older episodes with an external editor (since iTunes cannot get to the field) and then refreshed iTunes view of the information which fixed things. However it is altogether too tedious to do on a regular basis and I gave up.

tt2

Apr 24, 2016 1:52 PM in response to turingtest2

In my case, syncing of saved episodes from devices to my Mac (the only place I want to keep Saved podcasts) is the main reason I have syncing turned on.

Anyway, I think I'll take your advice and give up on syncing, this is also the only way that I know of to have different podcasts on different devices, i.e., video podcasts only on iPad, audio podcasts only on iPhone.

Thank you.

Podcasts & Episodes multiplying like a plague

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.